Transportation Employment - Join Our Team!
Follow these steps to become a Waller ISD school bus driver:
- Have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Driving Record (run by W.I.S.D).
- Pass 5 written tests based on information in the DPS Commercial Drivers Handbook (copies are available for check out from the W.I.S.D Transportation Department). When all 5 tests are passed, a permit is issued to permit training behind the wheel.
- Pass the DPS driving test - which takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes – and CDL is issued. (All written tests must be passed before the driving test is given).
- Pass the DPS School Bus Driver physical.
- Pass USDOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration drug testing.
- Complete a 20-hour DPS School Bus Driver Certification Program within approximately six months after obtaining license (An 8-hour renewal course is required every three years).
- For more information contact Robyn Spell at (936) 372-2116 ext. 1510.