There are times when students need some encouragement to get their writing started. Therefore, as a teacher we must have some type of prewriting activities that help the students overcome their writer’s block. Some of the activities that you could do in the classroom is free writing, mind mapping, brainstorming, and outlining. Students should also have some writing homework occasionally, to allow them to free write at home about ideas they see at around their house.
- Focus and clear distractions
- Open their mind to ideas within the subject
- Narrow and define topics for their papers
- Develop a structure to their writing topics
- React, review, discuss and/or develop further
- Provide a context to further define the topic
- Identify gaps in information.