Waller ISD Flyer Approval Policy
Distribution of Materials
Individuals seeking to post or distribute information in schools must submit materials to “Peachjar,” Waller ISD’s electronic flyer service provider, at www.peachjar.com. Materials are then forwarded to the Assistant Superintendent’s office for approval. The Assistant Superintendent will review all materials submitted by outside organizations for distribution. Information from outside groups will only be distributed from registered, non-profit organizations that conduct business within the boundaries of the Waller Independent School District and do not constitute advertising.
Requests for Electronic Distribution:
- Organizations must register with Peachjar and upload flyers for distribution to desired school(s). Once uploaded, the flyer is automatically routed to the district office for approval. Approved flyers are then emailed to all parents who have their email address on file at the district.
- The Assistant Superintendent shall review and approve all materials for conformance with district policies. All eflyers that are non-district or campus related and that are intended for distribution district-wide shall be submitted for prior review according to the following procedures:
- Materials shall be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent’s office for review through Peachjar.
- To be considered for distribution, all eflyers to be distributed shall originate from a local non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)(3) tax ID and bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- The flyer must be educational in nature, supporting the basic educational mission of Waller ISD and/or benefiting the population of Waller ISD in a positive manner.
- Approval of eflyers does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services. Peachjar will automatically include the following disclaimer: This event is not sponsored by the Waller Independent School District. Approval for this flyer distribution does not imply endorsement, but is a courtesy service to the community.
- Using the standards below, the Assistant Superintendent will approve or reject submitted material within two school days of the time the material is received.
- In reviewing the materials Waller ISD will not distribute material if:
- The materials are obscene, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate for the age and maturity of the audience.
- The materials endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students.
- The distribution of such materials would violate the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or other rights of another person.
- The materials contain defamatory statements about public figures or others.
- The materials advocate imminent lawless or disruptive action and are likely to incite or produce such action.
- The materials include hate literature that scurrilously attacks ethnic, religious, or racial groups, and similar publications aimed at creating hostility and violence.
- The materials promote or is hostile to any religion; however, informational material of activities sponsored by a religious organization will not be denied so long as the material complies with other provisions of this regulation, and does not in itself pray or proselytize.