Kindergarten at H. T. Jones Elementary is child-centered, activity-oriented and experiential in nature. The goal of Kindergarten is to complement and extend the learning experiences provided from home. Jones provides the opportunities for children to expand language and develop the ability to think and learn about themselves, the environment, and their relationships with others.
Objectives for Kindergarten:
- Listening, speaking, daily reading and being aware of print
- Learning writing related concepts
- Writing and counting to 100
- Recognizing numbers to 100
- Exploring the environment through science experiment