Welcome to Technology Services
Waller ISD strives to be a leader in all aspects of educational technology. District classrooms are connected by a high speed fiber network and classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art digital technology to include interactive whiteboards, projectors and laptops.
Multiple mobile computer labs are available on each campus and students at all grade levels participate in challenging technology instruction. Individual classrooms are also equipped with multiple technology based learning programs supporting instruction in reading, mathematics, science, and languages.
District Technology Facts
- Serve all 7,200+ students
- Approx. 8,000+ computers used daily districtwide
- 78 Servers
- 32 Terabytes of storage used daily
- Over 300 Terabytes of video storage
- 9 Technology staff members, and one Technologist at every campus.
- iPad and Chromebook mobile carts on all campuses.
- Students and staff provided with G Suite tools to connect, create, access, and control data flow
- WISDBYOD (bring your own device) filtered Internet access.
- Gigabit pipe to Internet
- WISD has wireless access on all campuses
- Skyward Student and Finance System
- Classrooms equipped with document cameras and SMART Boards
- Maintain 600+ security cameras districtwide
- IP Telephone system
- District supports a Union Library Catalog using a web based library management program, Destiny.
- Maintains a visitor control software system, V-Soft, is installed on each campus to track visitor, student late arrival / early departure, and staff sign in. System also checks visitor IDs against national sex offender databases.
- Numerous Computer Based Instructional Tools to include Google Classroom, Eduphoria, ISTATION, Compass Learning, Edgenuity, StemScopes, BrainPOP, APEX and more!
WISD Training Guides
- App River Spam Filter
- Digital Notebook
- Employee Access User Manual
- Employee Access Quick Start Guide
- Eduphoria New User Guide
- Google Apps Account Quick Start Guide
- H: Drive Guide
- My WISD Employee Portal New User Guide
- Outlook Quick-start Guide
- Skyward Quick Start Guide
- Study Island Quick Start Guide