Waller ISD shall implement efficiently the Title III, Part A Section 3114 (a), 3115 (a), and (c)(3)(A)(B) which requires engagement activities for parents, family, and community. All activities and training related to parent, family, and community engagement shall be aligned and coordinated with other district programs to supplement language acquisition. Activities and training shall include effective approaches and methodologies to enhance language instruction for English Learners (EL), immigrant students, and their families.
Increase engagement of English learner parents, families, and members of the community through the provision of information, tools, and online resources to improve academic outcomes for English learners.
Year-Round Engagement Program
Waller ISD Parent Engagement Activities
- Campus Specific Parent Engagement Activities
- Summer Parent Academy
- Parent University - Parent University is dedicated to help parents become full partners in their children’s education by increasing family involvement in schools and empowering parents to become the most effective advocates for their children. These free courses equip families with new or additional skills, knowledge, resources, and confidence to support student achievement.
Waller ISD Family Engagement Activities
- New Arrival Center (NAC) Family Nights
- Houston Hispanic Forum Career & Education Day - Waller ISD provides the opportunity for families to attend the Career and Education Day hosted by the Houston Hispanic Form which offers educational growth to develop talents, abilities, and achieve professional and personal goals.
- H-E-B Read 3 - H-E-B Read 3 is designed to introduce families to nutritional concepts and literacy ideas they can implement in their homes and provides the tools and resources necessary to prepare their young learner, including providing easy and affordable access to books.
Waller ISD Community Engagement Activities