Waller ISD Board Approves 2022-2023 Salary Increases, Benefit Changes
The Waller ISD (WISD) Board of Trustees unanimously approved the 2022-2023 Compensation and Benefits Package as presented by administrators during the regular meeting on June 13. Highlights of the compensation package include on average a 4% raise for teachers, a starting teacher salary of $58,000, and a 3% raise on the midpoint for all other staff. Highlights of the benefits package include decreased medical plan premiums, increased employer-paid life insurance for employees, and an employee assistance program to support the mental health needs of our district staff. Details are included below. The Board would like to express its appreciation for all the great things WISD teachers and staff do for the district’s students and community daily! Thank you WISD family!
- Average 4% raise (minimum raise 3.5%)
- Starting Teacher Salary $58,000
- 2022-2023 Approved Teacher Pay Scale (includes steps for Bachelor’s and Master’s, and NEW steps for Doctoral Degrees)
ALL OTHER EMPLOYEES
- 3% raise on the midpoint of respective pay grade
- Bus Drives starting pay $19/hour with 6 hours guaranteed, plus signing bonus for new drivers ($1,000 for CDL drivers and $500 for non-CDL drivers)
- Employees will see a decrease in the cost of medical insurance ranging from $56-$3,084 per year depending on plan and coverage selected.
- NEW! The district’s contribution for all employee’s medical plans will be a tiered structure based on coverage selected. Note: This is applicable to all plans available for new enrollment only. Since TRS ActiveCare 2 is a closed plan, the district’s contribution will remain at $375 and employees enrolled in this plan will not see any premium changes.
- 2022-2023 Approved Medical Premiums
RETENTION BONUS FOR ALL STAFF*
- $1,000 for Exempt Employees
- $500 for Non-Exempt Employees
*Bonus will be paid in two installments on Dec. 15, 2022 and June 15, 2023 checks.
- $3,500 - Bilingual Teachers
- $2,000 - High School Department Chair
- $1,600 - Junior High Department Chair
- $1,200 - Elementary Team Lead
**Not a complete list of all WISD stipends.
- NEW! No-cost mental health program for staff (Employee Assistance Program).
- NEW! 4 year-old prekindergarten for children of full-time staff (limited space available).
- NEW! $250 Bus Driver Referral Bonus for existing employees (subject to terms & conditions).
- Employer-paid life insurance for all employees - $30,000 (increased from $15,000).
- No-cost non-resident student transfers for full-time staff children.